The monsoon season is considered as not the best time for organizing parties for various reasons, like the wet weather, road jams, untimely rains etc. But, all that is not true and you can of course organize a fun-filled party that brings the joy back in the dreary weather. With the tips and ideas discussed below you can make your monsoon party one that your friends will remember for a long time to come.
The first and foremost thing is to prepare well. So, keep everything and every aspect like the theme, location, menu, guest list, stay over arrangements in case of heavy rains, in mind when you plan a monsoon party. With these simple and very important tips you can make your Monsoon Party a hit among your friends and family.
- Location: You won’t believe it but, the best place to have a monsoon party is outdoors! Nothing else can refresh one’s mind, body and soul more than a rain dance. It is the perfect way to greet the monsoon season and get into the party mood. A portico or garden are the perfect locations to host such a part, and who doesn’t loves a wet T-shirt party. Hiking or hitting a beach in the rains is another way which everyone loves and surely that will make the monsoon party one that people will talk about for a long time to come.
- Rain Gear: For a really good Monsoon party you should be very careful about the clothing you want to wear and also ask your guests to wear clothes which should not be too flimsy or something like cotton that soak easily. As a precaution keep a complete collection of raincoats and umbrellas in all conceivable colours, you can easily rent these from the local shops in your area, this will make your guests feel easy as they don’t have to buy and carry rain gear to attend your party. This will also brighten up the mood of the party as well. Do have overshoes and slip-ons handy as well for your monsoon party. Also, keep plenty of towels handy, because everyone of your guests will need one to wipe themselves after the rain dance.
- Rain Dance: A monsoon party remains incomplete without the quintessential rain dance! It is a must-have for any party that is to be held in this lovely monsoon season of the year. Great foot-tapping music and songs list has to be selected for this and should be played at full blast. Your invitees are bound to let go of any worry. Select your playlist of songs and have it ready to go when it’s time to break into a jig. Don’t forget to hire some water proof speakers, amplifiers and woofers.
- Food & Drinks: No party is complete without food and drinks. But as everyone know that monsoon season comes with lot of infectious diseases so the monsoon party has to have the right selection of food which is delicious and keeps your guests healthy. The ideal thing to do would be to churn out an array of snacks and finger foods that must be served with least amount of fuss. Some of the good ideas are crackers or chips with cheesy dips, waffles, assortment of nuts, cookies, salads, fruit juices, tea, hot coffee, etc. It is very important to choose your food wisely because some foods are more party-friendly than others. You cannot have the food menu that require you to be in the kitchen the whole time, so keep it simple so that you can spend your time with guests not in kitchen. Stick to the basics and all time favorites food menu that will make everyone lick their fingers.
- Home Safety: If your home is carpeted, invest in a reasonable tarp or plastic sheets and create a lined walkway from the front door of your home to the kitchen, drawing room, guest room or bathroom so as to avoid any damage to your carpet, floors or furniture. Keep a complete medical kit ready. If the weather really goes worse and if there is lightning, do bring all your guests indoors or an enclosed shelter for everyone’s safety.
With these handy tips you can plan for a monsoon party and splashing good time!!